Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Asparagus

I've had several folks tell me lately that this is their favorite way to fix asparagus. I'm hoping to get some asparagus at the market on Tuesday to give this a try.

Simple Roasted Asparagus
1 to 2 lbs fresh asparagus
1-3 T olive oil or melted butter
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash asparagus and snap the ends off by holding at the bottom and at the middle and snapping.
Place asparagus on a flat sheet with a lip in one layer. Drizzle olive oil or melted butter across the asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Place in oven and roast for approximiately 15 minutes, turning after 7.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I came to see who the other Sue was who visits Donna's blog. I grow lots of veggies, but we still love to go to Farmers' Markets. I used to grow asparagus, but the kind I grew had thin stalks, and my husband always bought some at the market, so I quit growing it. I've been microwaving it, but am getting tired of that. I want to try roasting it. I bet that could be done on a grill, too.

    You have a nice blog, here!

    ReplyDelete